As a visiting Nurse Case Manager with Eldercare Home Health you’ll have an opportunity to practice Nursing in a way you may not have thought possible.
This is your chance to be part of a terrific, progressive, professional team, that truly delivers on the promise of “client first” care.
You are an RN or RPN, have excellent assessment skills, are energetic, self-motivated and have a positive attitude toward aging. You enjoy front-line contact with clients and caregivers and have a nice sense of humour.
This is a full time position (part time is not available).
This position requires that you have supervisory experience and extensive experience (3 plus years) working with the elderly. You must already live in Toronto / the GTA
As a visiting Nurse Case Manager you’ll be responsible for case management – including liaising with Family Members, Physiotherapists, Pharmacists, Doctors, and other medical and support professionals.
You will have a key role in selecting and scheduling the staff you feel are most appropriate for the clients you are working with, and you will supervise their practice to ensure that our clients receive the best care possible.
Your workday activities will be varied; visiting clients in their homes, supervising caregivers, meeting with healthcare professionals, researching care options for clients or meeting with your Nurse colleagues at our midtown Toronto office.
You’ll be able to put the skills and judgment you’ve developed through years of practical experience, to use, improving the lives of seniors in our community.
Great reasons to consider working with Eldercare Home Health:
- Full time position
- Competitive salary
- Health Benefits
- Mileage reimbursement
- Free on-site parking
- Convenient location near Yonge and Eglington
- Growing company
- On-call responsibilities are rotated among the staff, with a day and a half off in recognition for on-call
- Founder is a Registered Nurse
- Technology forward environment
Put the skills and judgment you’ve developed through years of practical experience – to use, improving the lives of seniors in our community. Join our nursing team and enjoy a rewarding and stimulating working environment.
Benefits of working with Eldercare Home Health:
- We offer a competitive salary plus benefits, weekend and on-call responsibilities are on rotation, mileage reimbursement, paid parking, and a friendly office conveniently located near Yonge and Eglinton.
- We have an office mascot, Samantha, a friendly Golden Retriever.
- We encourage and support continuing education and professional development, and are continually evaluating technology and how it can assist in managing and improving care.
- With the founder of the company being a Registered Nurse, you can also count on an understanding, supportive and professional environment.
- This is a full time, visiting Nurse Case Manager position in Toronto (part time is not available)
- This position requires that you have supervisory experience and a minimum of 3 years experience working with the elderly (over 80 years old)
- Work days are Thursday through Monday. Rotating on-call responsibilities with a day and a half off in recognition for on-call.
- This position is NOT suitable for recently graduated Nurses.
- Case management experience is a plus.
- A driver’s license is required, a reliable car is needed.
- You are an RN or RPN, have excellent assessment skills, are energetic, self-motivated and have a positive attitude toward aging. You enjoy front-line contact with clients and caregivers and have a great sense of humour.
- As a visiting Nurse Case Manager you’ll be responsible for case management – including liaising with Family Members, Physiotherapists, Pharmacists, Doctors, and other medical and support professionals.
During the COVID-19 pandemic:
- We do not take on COVID positive clients
- We provide appropriate PPE
- We offer an hourly COVID bonus and a monthly COVID bonus***
Ready to make a change for the better?
If you’ve “been there and done that”, and are ready for a Visiting Nurse job that allows you to practice nursing the way it should be practiced, apply today!
We highly recommend that you read the founder of Eldercare Home Health’s blog posts about Professionalism in Nursing and Professionalism in Nursing (2) and how to prepare for an interview with Eldercare Home Health.
E-mail your resume directly to Yasmeen Hasan, Manager of Nursing Human Resources, MHRN. Remember to include a cover letter:
E-mail your resume to: Yasmeen Hasan, Manager of Nursing Human Resources, MHRN. firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your application. We are only able to respond to applicants of interest.
Note: This can be a physically demanding job. You must be physically able to assist clients with activities of daily living including but not limited to transferring, bathing, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, and reaching.
Eldercare Home Health is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.